Hearing Aid Care
The audiologists of the Ohio Hearing Institute will show you how to wear your hearing aid properly and how to take care of the aid. This may take a few visits during the 45-day trial period. The following are some tips on wear and care of hearing aids.
We suggest you treat your hearing aid as you would a fine watch. High temperatures can damage the aid, so take care to keep it from the car dashboard or stove.
Suggestions regarding care for your hearing aids:
- Keep hearing aids away from heat and moisture.
- Replace dead batteries immediately.
- Clean hearing aids as instructed.
- Do not use hair spray or other hair care products while wearing hearing aids.
- Turn off hearing aids when they are not in use.
- Keep replacement batteries and small aids away from children and pets.